Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Guessing the First 200 Words

It's the end of NaNo. Tomorrow's December with holidays and parties and decorations and stress. Let's take a load off...


...with a random quiz. This one is going to take some time (15 minutes), but it's not as hard as you think.

First 200 Words: To Kill a Mockingbird

A few tips: 
  1. You'd be surprised how many "and" and "the" are going to show up. As well as the other usual words that we use to make sentences make sense. Start there.
  2. You don't have to go in order. Start with the obvious words. And all instances of the same word fill in at the same time.
  3. It reads down in columns, so the first word is in the first box, the second word is below the first word, etc. 
  4. Spelling counts. Capitalization doesn't matter. They fill in the punctuation. 
Good luck. Let me know how you did in the comments.
As for me...

(Full disclosure: I did cheat. A little. If I had the book, I would have cheated a lot.)

3 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I got thirty-three and quit because I was getting a headache. Excuses, excuses . . .

Love,
Janie

Liz A. said...

Janie, let me guess, you did "and" & "the" and left it at that?

Huntress said...

If my copy of the book wasn't in the upstairs closet in a box, I would've cheated big time also. *sigh*